Monday, September 29, 2008

Change Pirate: Day 1 (Post 3)

Thing #5: Explore Flickr and learn how to get the most out of this popular image hosting site

I'm only going to say this once, so as to avoid repeating the obvious and the unpleasant.


I don't like Flickr. I don't like Photobucket. I don't like Buzznet. Yes, I've tried each and every one of them. My image poison of choice has always been Imageshack for when I want to share a picture. Sure, there's a few ads. Sure, you can't really browse other users work. Of course I can see their uses, but to this day my personal preferences will always dig it's heels in as consumers right to dislike the layouts and the necessities of those layouts. Imageshack works for me, it allows me to thumbnail, link, send, copy, paste, save, and otherwise work how I want with my images without a hundred different things trying to change format, make s uggestions, or share what I have with other people when all I want is a simple upload and a list of links that are already formatted into the html I need to share the image as I please.

Still, if I need to use them, necessity dictates most things and I'm willing to deal with them for image searches. The 3rd party mashups are useful when you're looking for other images, but I personally wouldn't use something that requires that much work for my own blog unless absolutely necessary.




Thing #6:
Explore some of the fun Flickr mashups and 3rd party tools that are out there.
Create a blog post about one that intrigues you.
Okay, I'll admit, the librarian trading card is really, really cool.
Look at mine! (Yes, I know that's not listed on Flickr, we've been over this. Hello imageshack, click to enlarge!)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

I think this is something really cool that more libraries ought to adopt, I really like the layout and the creativity... but maybe that's the appeal to the nerd-dom in me, as the trading card displays... >_>

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Seth Unholy said...

i highly dislike most image hosting sites except for tinypic.

that is all.