Thursday, October 2, 2008

Change Pirate Day 2: Post #4

I'm having trouble getting ahold of which Creative mp3 player exactly is going to be given away (sites are a beast to wander through and actually find things with, it's like they expect you to magically stumble across everything), but here's what I'd love to get from Best Buy.




SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 player















Here's some of the basic specs for the link-skittish:
Warranty Terms - Parts: 1 year limited
Warranty Terms - Labor: 1 year limited
Product Height: 2.2"
Product Width: 1.4"
Product Weight: 0.9 oz.
Product Depth: 0.7"
Storage Type: Flash memory
Built-In Storage Capacity: 2GB (actual formatted capacity less)
Included Removable Memory: None
Removable Memory Type: None
Digital Audio Format Upgradable: Upgradable firmware enables support for future audio formats
Computer Compatibility: PC
Voice Recorder: Yes
Music Service Compatibility: Best Buy Digital Music Store
Digital Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, WMA secure, Audible audio
Battery Quantity: 1
Battery Life: Up to 15 hours
Connection Transfer Rate: USB 2.0
Tuner Type: Digital FM
Station Presets: 40
Headphone Type: Earphones
Included Accessories: Clip, earphones, USB 2.0 cable, quick-start guide, user guide and installation CD-ROM
System Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP (SP 2) or Vista; Windows Media Player 10 or 11; CD-ROM drive; available USB 2.0 port
Bluetooth-Enabled: No



If you're like me and
1) Loathe and despise iTunes. I've tried this program and I am not fond of how it organizes my music. I like Windows Media Player entirely too much-the simple media properties editing, titles, the freedom it gives you to leave everything in your own format...iTunes digs in it's heels at anything that is basic mp3 format and usually tries to convert everything into it's own special format that is useless to anyone who isn't using iTunes unless you burn everything to a cd first. (It's a setting you can change,b ut the fact that it tries is highly offensive to me)
2) Don't need to use an mp3 player as your entire music storage backup. I have two laptops and a desktop and trust me, I make good use of making sure all my music is backed up safely. 2GB of space (less when formatted) is fine by me for a few days of what I'm currently listening to or getting to know.
3) Don't want to have to install other software that has to act as a bridge between the mp3 player and syncing up the music. I don't want to l earn to use another new player or risk it messing up my playlists, or recopying songs to it's own locations so I have duplicates clogging up my computer under different names or different organization.
4) Want to have a songlist that you can look at. The Creative Lab Zen Stone doesn't have a display screen to list the song titles so you have to pretyt much guess and check to figure out which song you're listening to. Since I listen to so much foreign music, learning songtitles and bands simply by their lyrics is much more difficult-I need the band name and song title to help me keep track.
5) Cost. All this for $59.99, which doesn't seem too bad to me when I thinka bout it. With a $40 gift card, that's another $20+shipping if bought online. Not bad to get an mp3 player like this for $20.

Granted, all of this is subjective to change when I get the chance to fully compare the mp3 players.
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: